Driving Tolling Solutions
Our mission is to improve the safety, security, and sustainability of critical transportation infrastructure. We leverage our experience performing tolling systems integration, maintenance and operations, toll facility design, program management, and intelligent transportation systems to enhance our customers’ toll system and user experiences.
We are well-known within the tolling industry. Our professionals have extensive experience in toll-agency operations and understand the intricacies involved. The team stands ready to provide state-of-the-art solutions for the toughest transportation challenges.
Experience You Can Trust
Our long history in tolling involves design, inspection, construction, and everything in between. We’ve built many lasting relationships along the way.
We provide overall electronic toll collection system (ETCS) design and implementation, testing, installation, commissioning, and maintenance for express lanes.
Toll Program Management
We oversee toll concept of operations by developing toll system design. This includes providing cost estimates for capital and operational expenditures as well as researching and presenting managed-lane concepts for evaluation.
Tolling Technology Integrations
Tolling hardware and software are key components in toll collection. They evolved from booth collectors to license-plate-recognition cameras, radio-frequency identification (RFID) readers, and vehicle detection/classification systems. Our intelligent transportation system (ITS) experts support the integration of tolling and ITS devices such as the following:
- Dynamic message signs
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Bluetooth vehicle detection and data gathering
As we integrate tolling technology and infrastructure, we recognize that every new connection brings another opportunity for cyber criminals. Our expertise in infrastructure design and delivery informs our rapid, interoperable, and scalable capabilities in protecting tolling agencies from cyberattacks.
We’re poised to deliver a full range of tolling services that includes the following:
- General engineering consultant:
- Express toll-lane systems
- Reversible express-toll-lane systems
- Managed toll-lane systems
- All-electronic toll-lane systems
- Vehicle-occupancy detection systems
- Toll program management
- Toll construction management
- Construction inspection
- Tolling electrical systems
- Toll bridge and plaza lighting
- Systems and device integration/development
- Oversight after system acceptance and completion
- Capital and operational expenditure
- Toll-agency procurement support