Parsons Corporation understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect and value everyone’s privacy, including that of our customers, business partners, contractors, subcontractors, everyone who visits our website www.parsons.com (the “Website”), candidates for employment, and everyone that contacts Parsons in the Marketplace. In this policy, we describe how we collect, use, and disclose personal information.
The information we collect is controlled by Parsons Corporation, which is headquartered in the United States at 14291 Park Meadow Drive, Suite 100. Chantilly, Virginia 20151, USA.
Information We Collect
Parsons collects personal information that you provide to Parsons including when you establish an account with us, through our business processes, or when you communicate with us through our Website.
As part of our recruitment process, Parsons collects and processes personal data relating to potential job candidates and job applicants. Parsons is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data, and to meeting its data protection obligations under all applicable laws and regulations. Information that Parsons may collect from you as part of the recruitment process includes:
- your name, address, date of birth, and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- your resume and work history, including details of your qualifications, skills, and experience;
- certain financial information, including your desired compensation and benefits;
- information about your training, education, certifications, and licenses;
- information about specific status, such as citizenship(s), permanent residency(ies);
- documentation used to verify status, e.g., birth certificate, passport, etc.
- information about your right to work in a specific country, including, but not limited to work permits, driver’s license(s), and unique identifiers, such U.S. Social Security Number or Permanent Resident Numbers;;
- the outcome of criminal background checks, reference checks, drug tests, and security clearances for certain positions;
- information about your race, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, or veteran status;
- a record of our communications with you via email, telephone, and through our recruiting portal; and
- medical information, in certain cases where permitted by law.
Parsons may collect this information through job application forms, resumes or CVs, your passport or other identity documents, or through interviews or other forms of assessment.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as recruiters and references supplied by former employers. We may contact third parties and references before making a formal offer to you.
Your recruitment data will be stored in several different places, including on your employment application, in our Human Resources Record Center and Human Resources systems, and on other IT systems (including email). Additionally, it may be transferred to our recruitment partners for consideration for future opportunities that you may be suited for.
If you conduct business or contract with Parsons and/or use Parsons’ products accessed through any one of our online marketplace listings, the following data is collected and/or processed:
- Business contact information including emails, phone numbers and location or any other information required for the relevant project, product or service;
- Data required for system/product operation;
- Anonymized user interaction data;
- Aggregated system data; and
- System log data.
Use Of Your Information
Parsons uses any personal information for legitimate business purposes consistent with the purpose for which it was collected including for the following reasons::
- Parsons uses your personal information to respond to requests made while you visit our Website and access our products online;
- Help diagnose problems with the website and to enhance the Website for an optimal user experience;
- Monitor the usage and performance of the website and research aggregate information about users to determine the marketing and advertising efforts of Parsons, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors, and business partners;
- Provide maintenance, support, and customer service for products, services, and for the website;
- Process information you provide as part of our recruitment process:
- We need to collect, process, and retain data about you to evaluate your qualifications and suitability for employment, and, if selected, extend an offer of employment to you. We may also use your information to keep you informed of new opportunities as they arise.
- In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that a successful applicant is eligible to work in a specific country before employment begins. We may also need to process your data to complete relevant security and criminal background checks, as permitted by law, and to respond to and defend against legal claims.
- Parsons may process special categories of data, such as information about race, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, or veteran status, to monitor and report recruitment statistics. We may also collect medical information to make reasonable accommodations for candidates who have a disability. We process such information to carry out our legal obligations as an employer, to administer benefits, and to establish and defend claims.
- If your application is unsuccessful, Parsons may keep your personal data on file for future employment opportunities for which you may be suited unless you request otherwise.
- With respect to Parsons’ customers, contractors and any business partners, Parsons uses personal information as necessary for and in compliance with any applicable contracts or laws.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Parsons during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly, or at all.
Information collected through Parsons’ Marketplace products may be used to:
- Provide customer support and services;
- Diagnose system issues with the products;
- Enhance optimal user experience; and
- Improve the products and offerings through analytics.
Parsons does not sell personal, or customer data or information and Parsons WILL NOT re-sell customer data that is processed through our products when accessed through our online marketplace.
Disclosing Your Information
The personal information you provide to Parsons will be disclosed, consistent with applicable law, as follows:
- With affiliates and subsidiaries of Parsons;
- With third parties and third-party business providers that provide services to Parsons, such as companies that provide services for employee recruitment;
- With a third party in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, or other transaction involving part or all of Parsons;
- With law enforcement agencies to detect or prevent unlawful activities, and/or to aid in an ongoing investigation;
- As required by law or court order;
- As needed to support our recruitment process:
- Your information may be shared internally with members of the Talent Management and recruitment team, legal advisors, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers and clients in the business area with a vacancy, and IT staff, if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
- Parsons uses certain software platforms to collect, retain, and manage data collected from applicants and employees. The providers of that software may have access to your information.
- We may also share your information with certain trusted third parties, including taxing authorities, background check and drug testing providers, benefit plan providers, and legal advisors, as required or permitted by law.
Protection of Your Data
Parsons takes the protection of your data seriously. Although there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, Parsons maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect data and personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Retention of Your Data
Parsons retains your data as long as it is needed for business purposes in accordance with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and in accordance with Parsons’ records retention schedules.
Parsons retains data you provide for recruitment as follows:
- If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Parsons will hold your data on file for consideration for future employment opportunities unless you request otherwise. Parsons may rely on keywords in your profile to determine to contact you.
- If your application for employment is successful, relevant personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your employee file (electronic and paper-based) and retained by Talent Management during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
Cross-Border or International Transfers of Information
Parsons generally maintains servers and systems in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, the European Economic Area (EEA) and the Middle East, some of which are hosted by third-party service providers. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. As a result, where the personal information that we collect is transferred across borders or internationally, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the level of protection required under all relevant Data Protection and/or Privacy Laws, including the GDPR, and pursuant to appropriate contract clauses or authorizations by governing authorities.
The Legal Bases for Using Your Personal Information
We collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- We have your consent;
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request); in some instances where applicable by law, you may have a right to object to processing as explained in the section below titled Your legal rights;
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example where we use your name and contact information to facilitate your employment contract and to make travel reservations in the performance of our services);
Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, where we are required to undertake vetting to comply with safety and security regulations or where we are required to disclose personal information to a court or tax authority).If you would like to find out more about the legal bases on which we process personal information, please contact us using the details below
Your Legal Rights
Subject to certain exemptions, and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and:(a) the source of your personal information; (b) the purposes, legal basis, and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your personal information may be transferred.
You also have the right to request that we correct or delete your information. We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if it is still needed for a legitimate business purpose, or the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or deference of legal claims.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information: You have the right to restrict the use of your personal information when (i) you contest the accuracy of the data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the personal information for the relevant purposes, but we require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our personal information use justified on our legitimate interests verification as to whether we have a compelling interest to continue to use your data.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to data portability: To the extent that we process your information (i) based on your consent or under a contract; and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
Right to object to the processing of your personal information: You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override that objection.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction: You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
How to Exercise Your Rights: If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, you may do so directly through your Workday account. If the data you are looking for is not available in Workday, please download and complete a request form and send it to Parsons’ Information Governance Team at [email protected]. Please include the information listed on the form to confirm your identity. You can also call our hotline at 1-503-726-2411 for more information. If calling from inside the United States, call 1-888-887-9151. Any requests are subject to identity confirmation.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing the personal information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Response Timing and Format:
We endeavor to acknowledge a verifiable request with thirty (30) days of its receipt and will respond to each request without undue delay.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Date Of Last Update: December 16, 2023
Questions And Contact Information