A new session of HireLAX, the free 8-week training program for Los Angeles workers that provides hands-on training, physical fitness, and support services to prepare students for union construction jobs, begins September 10, 2018. The Parsons-managed workforce readiness program supports the multibillion-dollar capital improvement program at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
Interested applicants should register to attend the mandatory orientation and interview session, being held at Los Angeles Southwest College on Saturday, August 25, from 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. See more information and register at: https://hirelaxorientation2018-08-25.eventbrite.com.
Read our press release for more information about HireLAX, and watch the video celebrating the program’s impact on graduates. HireLAX partners include:
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and the City of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County, including WDACS and America’s Job Centers of California (supportive services)
- Los Angeles and Orange Counties Building and Construction Trades Council and their affiliates’ apprenticeship training programs
- Los Angeles Trade Technical College (instruction)
- Los Angeles Southwest College (facilities)
- Flintridge Center and 2nd Call (case management)
- Parsons Corporation (HireLAX ARP program management, PLA administration, and career placement coordination)