Nine Technical Experts Named to Parsons Fellows Program
PASADENA, CA (March 5, 2018) – Parsons announced that nine technical experts have been selected for the corporation’s Fellows Program — a think tank to solve technical challenges through tactical/real-time problem solving, strategic research and development, as well as best practice improvements.
The 2018 Fellows Program participants are Dr. Juliana Fortune, Principal Systems Engineer; Dr. Ed Heyse, Vice President; Dr. Frederic Legeron, Vice President, District Manager; Dr. Jim Leu, Senior Project Manager; Dr. Sandra Murphy, Lead Research Scientist; Dr. Ade Ogunsola, Vice President and Design Manager; Gregory Shafer, Vice President; Dr. John Spitzmiller, Lead Electrical Engineer; and Harold Sprague, Principal Technical Consultant.
“We’re proud to recognize these nine remarkable employees as Parsons Fellows,” said Virginia Grebbien, Parsons Chief of Staff and Executive Sponsor of the Fellows Program. “They are subject matter experts and mentors and have been integral to the success of Parsons projects and programs.”
• Dr. Juliana Fortune joined Parsons in 2015 and has more than 25 years’ experience in applying systems engineering to scientific and engineering fields.
• Dr. Ed Heyse joined Parsons in 2003 and currently serves as the technical director for Parsons’ performance-based remediation project for the former Galena Forward Operating Location in Alaska.
• Dr. Frederic Legeron joined Parsons in 2013 and currently serves as the Middle East Africa Bridge Practice Lead and as Project Director for the Al Khor Expressway in Doha, Qatar.
• Dr. Jim Leu joined Parsons in 2000 and has more than 25 years of industry experience in designing, managing, directing, and executing a wide variety of soil and groundwater investigation and remediation projects throughout the United States and Asia-Pacific areas.
• Dr. Sandra Murphy joined Parsons in 2003 and has more than 35 years of experience in network protocols, computer security, and design, analysis, and verification of secure distributed systems.
• Dr. Ade Ogunsola joined Parsons in 2003 and is an internationally recognized expert in electromagnetic compatibility engineering.
• Gregory Shafer has been designing award-winning, complex bridges in the United States and around the world for Parsons for the past 17 years.
• Dr. John Spitzmiller joined Parsons in 2006 and currently serves as a Chief Engineer of Simulation and Integration Services.
• Harold Sprague joined Parsons in 2012 and has nearly 40 years of experience in structural design, research and development of design criteria, blast engineering, seismic engineering, corrosion engineering, assessment of existing facilities, and materials performance.
Established in 2017, the Parsons Fellows Program recognizes Parsons’ top technical talent; fosters engagement, mentorship, and retention; and promotes innovation in solving difficult technical challenges. The 2018 group will be inducted in June.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.