We have contributed to major infrastructure projects across Canada since the 1940’s. Across the country, our teams are on the cutting edge of infrastructure engineering, and have helped design and build many of the country’s well-known landscapes.
Our experts have supported the Government of Canada, Yukon Government, First Nations, and the Town of Faro in the Faro Mine Remediation Project since 2016.
Once the world’s largest open pit lead-zinc mine, the project is one of the largest and most complex abandoned mine clean-up projects in Canada. Check out the opportunities below to be a part of the team helping remediate the Faro Mine!
Operations Director ( R128401)
• Overseeing northern active and abandoned mines remediation or operations and are familiar with maintaining water treatment plants at mines and conveying water through all seasons.
• Managing maintenance and inventory operations.
• Provide expertise and technical assistance to a team managing ongoing operations at unique northern abandoned mines.
Pump Operator – Water Treatment Plant ( R129620)
• Operation and reporting of water treatment facilities.
• Monitor and reporting of dams, spillways and other water streams.
• Manage support equipment including pumps and piping.
Heavy Duty and Light Vehicle Mechanic ( R127371)
• Works with management to pre-plan and schedule daily and overall heavy equipment and light vehicle maintenance and repair to prevent functional breakdowns.
• Performing diagnostics, repair, preventative maintenance, and safety checks on all heavy equipment and light vehicle fleet.
• Maintaining heavy equipment and light vehicle maintenance and repair records.
Dewatering Pipeline Technician ( R130002)
• Plan, install and maintain pipe systems and supports, including working with HDPE dewatering systems.
• Working with hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
• Conducting pipeline and pumping system checks, scheduled inspections, adjustments, troubleshooting and timely repairs.
Security Officer/Mine Rescue Technician ( R129204)
• Provide Mine Rescue services to the site; responding to any number possible emergency events, including but not limited to, vehicle extraction, first aid or medical aid response, fire rescue, and training exercises required to maintain certification and competency.
• Provide security services to the site including preventing and detecting signs of intrusion, ensuring security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Oversees all security and surveillance issues.
Electrician ( R128881)
• Installing, maintaining, or repairing of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
• Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician’s hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
Plumber ( R129741)
• Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems:
• Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing.
• Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size.
Millwright ( R129747)
• Provides support for maintenance systems by diagnosing areas of improvement.
• Completing scheduled/unscheduled maintenance repair of pumps and pump related equipment.
• Promoting and complying FMC safety procedures and policies.
Environmental Field Technician ( R130027)
• Collection of surface and groundwater water samples
• Measurement of field parameters
• Preparation of notes and observations