Early Talent Program FAQ’s
How long do internships typically last?
We require a 10-week minimum for all our Parsons early talent program intern positions, but we are flexible in allowing many of our interns to work longer than that if they’re able and/or with the manager’s approval.
Do you offer fall or spring co-ops/internships?
Some of our teams can support fall or spring co-ops. Please reference our career page to see if any fall or spring opportunities are available. The co-op/intern time frame will be listed in the title or job description. The bulk of our internships are offered during the summer term (June through mid-August).
How do I apply for an internship position or see what’s available?
You can visit our career page to see a real-time list of the positions we have available.
Who do I contact for more information on the internship program or current open positions?
Please contact Megan Packer for more information.
Interview Preparation Tips
- Bring a positive, can-do attitude
- Bring extra copies of your resume, at least 1 for every person you’ll encounter and then a few more
- Bring a notepad and writing instrument to take notes
- Do your homework: Research the company, position, and leaders before the interview
- Bring questions about the position, the culture, the company, etc.
- The worst answer to the question, “Do you have any questions for us?” is “No.” Ask your questions. If they’ve already been answered, say “I did, but you’ve already answered them.”
- Dress professionally for the interview and practice good hygiene
- Be able to discuss any item on your resume
- Avoid perfunctory responses
- Avoid foul language
- Use good manners
- Avoid negative statements about prior teammates, coworkers, managers, etc.
- Arrive 5-15 minutes early for the interview
Internship Experience FAQS
Is housing assistance offered during an internship?
We do not offer housing assistance. However, our hourly rates are competitive and should compensate for the housing costs that you may incur during your internship.
What type of events/career development is offered?
Each summer, we offer a variety of career development WebEx series’, lunch and learns, and after-work-hour social events with other interns in your area/at your office location. These events can include, but aren’t limited to, happy hours, capture the flag, hiking, cookouts, and more!
How will I be led during my experience?
Each intern will be assigned a manager. Within your first week with us, you should be introduced to other points of contact within that manager’s team that will be able to help you network. We encourage all interns to participate in Parsons’ formal mentoring program when they start with us. In addition, the Early Talent leaders are always available as an extra resource during your time with Parsons.
How many interns does Parsons typically have at one time?
Where are the internships physically located?
We offer internships at Parsons’ offices across the nation. Each of our positions will specify where the internship will be located. Some of our larger internship offices include:
- Centreville, VA
- Herndon, VA
- Chantilly, VA
- Huntsville, AL
- Colorado Springs, CO
What’s the dress code at Parsons?
Shirts, Tops, And Blouses
- DO: Wear dress shirts, collared shirts, sweaters, golf shirts, and polos
- DON’T: Wear tank tops; midriff tops; T-shirts; or shirts with offensive words, terms, logos, pictures, etc.
Skirts And Dresses
- DO: Wear casual dresses and skirts of a length that allows you to sit comfortably in public
- DON’T: Wear mini-skirts, sundresses, or spaghetti-strap dresses
- DO: Wear slacks (khaki, wool, or any other cotton or synthetic material), jeans (without rips or tears), or dressy capris
- DON’T: Wear shorts, sweatpants, athletic wear, or leggings
- DO: Wear dress shoes, conservative athletic/walking shoes, loafers, clogs, boots, flats, or dress heels
- DON’T: Wear flip-flops, slippers, or open-toed shoes
When will I receive information regarding first day instructions?
You will receive an email from our HR Central department within the week prior to you starting that will provide you with all the information that you will need to prepare for your first day.
Do Parsons internships require a security clearance?
Internships that fall under Parsons Federal Solutions segment, typically require that interns are eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance. This process will require proof of U.S. citizenship. While most of our positions pose this requirement, please reference the internship positions listed on our career page to see if a security clearance eligibility/ US citizenship is required.
Are interns eligible to return for another summer internship after they’ve already done an internship with Parsons?
Yes! We have had many interns return for a second and even third summer with us.