Parsons Gives Back
Making The World A Better Place
Parsons Gives Back is an employee-driven program that serves the communities in which we live, work, and play. Charitable contributions, in-kind donations, and volunteerism directly correlate with improving quality of life while making the world a better place. Our Gives Back program focuses on three key areas:
Military and Veteran Programs
We promote causes that assist and invest in the welfare and careers of our active-duty military, veterans, and their families.
Education and STEM Outreach
We provide our youth and underrepresented communities with access to quality science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs.
We volunteer in and contribute philanthropically to the communities where we work, live, and play to make them better and more inclusive for all.
Making A Difference Together
Our Volunteer Programs
Our employees are rock stars and the driving force behind the Parsons Gives Back program. In 2022, we self-reported nearly 20,000 hours of personal community involvement, and since 2018 our employees have logged nearly 97,000 volunteer hours. In recent years, we’ve seen an increase in virtual volunteer experiences, due to pandemic limitations, which have added depth and scope to the overall community footprint of our employees.
Military And Veteran Causes
As much as we are committed to providing equitable employment for Veterans and transitioning Service Members, we are also committed to giving our time, talent, and resources to non-profit organizations that support them. We support the following organizations that provide financial assistance, scholarships, and camp experiences for families of veterans or those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country:
- Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors (TAPS): The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to offering compassionate care to those grieving the loss of a loved one who died while serving in the Armed Forces or as a result of his or her service. Since 2007, we've helped raise $1,290,529.
- MILVET: We support several other veteran and military causes, including Wounded Warrior, QL+, the Special Operations Charity Network, and Home Front Cares, through our MILVET program.
Education And STEM Outreach
STEM Workforce Diversity Magazine has named us one of the top employers for STEM diversity. From our mentoring and scholarship programs to our training initiatives, we’re excited to support and encourage the next generation of innovators.
- Technovation Girls Challenge: We rallied a team of more than 100 volunteer judges to provide feedback on submittals from girls aged 8-18 for the global Technovation Girls Challenge. Girls work in teams to code mobile apps and AI solutions that address real world problems, and judges review their team pitches.
- Architecture Construction Engineering Mentor Program: Since 1995, our employees have served as board members, team leaders, and mentors with the Architecture Construction Engineering (ACE) Mentor Program. This program introduces high school students to careers in the design and construction industry through real-world mock design and engineering projects.
Individually, our employees have donated blood and plasma, helped run food pantries, acted as volunteer first responders, helped build clean water infrastructure, and coached and supported those with disabilities, among many other actions resulting from asking where and how they can make a difference.
- 48in48 Virtual Coding Marathon: Since 2019, we’ve volunteered for 48in48, an organization that builds web sites for non-profits in need. Our volunteers have designed dozens of websites by participating in 48-hour weekend events, including specialized Social Justice and Women’s builds. In 2022, 48in48 awarded our team a 3rd place prize for the website we built for Bridges to Science.
- 24 Foundation: 24 Foundation’s mission is to inspire and engage communities to make an immediate impact on the lives of those affected by cancer. Since 2018, we have raised $163,050 for the foundations signature event, 24 Hours Of Booty.
Making A Difference, One Volunteer At A Time
We value our employees not only because they excel in their professional roles, but because they are inspiring people with rich, fulfilling lives. Volunteers bring a special magic to the mix – they are inspired to help others because something within them drives them to want to give back.Read More