A one-stop shop for toll and managed-lane consultant services
Parsons is a premier toll specialty-services provider. Our long history of safe, competitive consultant services on transportation projects and our lasting relationships with some of the most successful toll operators have made our name synonymous with quality, innovation, and sustainability. State toll agencies and transportation departments, private toll operators, local and regional authorities, and public-private partnerships choose Parsons to provide everything from feasibility studies to toll systems integration and financing for some of the world’s foremost transportation programs. With managed lanes, tolling, and user fees becoming the funding options of choice, Parsons has the capabilities and resources to deliver a complete range of services.
Toll operators have trusted Parsons with their most important projects for decades because of our experience and expertise. Our long-term customers are a testament to our commitment to quality, and our industry-leading knowledge is why we have served as trusted advisors to public and private tolling agencies around the world. Our relationship with the Burlington County (New Jersey) Bridge Commission dates back to 1952, when we became its general engineering consultant for bridges. And since 1937, the Thousand Island Bridge Authority has relied on us for consulting engineer services for its heavily traveled toll bridge:
- Annual, in-depth, and maintenance inspections
- Contract plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Construction management and construction inspection services
- Construction operations—during which we maintained traffic flows
Tacony-Palmyra Bridge connecting Philadelphia, PA, and
Parsons’ project portfolio reflects our years working with some of the nation’s largest toll authorities, including these:
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey—on-call engineering and traffic services, including projects for the George Washington Bridge, the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels ITS Design-Build, the Permanent World Trade Center Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) Terminal, the PATH Automated Fare Collection System, and other programs, all funded through user fees and tolls.
- Quebec Ministry of Transportation—design, engineering, and quality assurance services for Autoroute 25, a 7.2-km toll highway that is the ministry’s first public-private partnership.
- Orange County Transportation Authority and Riverside County Transportation Commission—feasibility studies and project/construction management services for the California State Route 91 corridor improvement, which converts high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes into high-occupancy toll (HOT) lanes.
- Florida Turnpike Enterprise—National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) study for a Florida Turnpike extension, as well as design of the proposed Miami Gardens toll plaza to produce a signature gateway to the turnpike system, and 1.5 miles of associated roadway improvements.
SR-91 Express Lanes - Orange County, CA
Investing in infrastructure
Governments across the globe face challenges when financing infrastructure improvements, and managed lanes and tolling are proving effective at funding mobility improvements. Our experienced staff is respected in the industry for its expertise analyzing, developing, implementing, and maintaining transportation solutions that meet our customers’ needs now while planning for the future.
As a global leader in customized solutions, Parsons remains on the cutting edge of advanced tolling technology. And with our many professionals who have been directly responsible for toll agency operations, Parsons’ diverse staff understands the intricacies of tolling and offers the expertise and capability to provide state-of-the-art solutions for the toughest transportation challenges.