AFCEA 2022 TechNet International Military and Collegiate Capture the Flag (CTF)
August 16 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Join Parsons for the AFCEA TechNet International Military and Collegiate Capture the Flag (CTF) at the Georgia Cyber Center or virtually on August 16th from 10am EST – 2pm EST. The International Military and Collegiate Level CTF will be a jeopardy style event. Military and college teams from across the world will compete highlighting their skills, resiliency and achievements. Topics covered for this event will include Binary Exploitation, Reverse Engineering, Web Exploitation, Cryptography, Forensics, and Security. Rules below:
– Teams will be limited to FOUR members maximum. Teams with less than FOUR team members, can annotate “N/A” as the team member.
– Teams may participate in person at Georgia Cyber Center or virtually.
– Team Integrity: At no time during the conduct of the CTF can teams communicate with each other, share answers, provide hints, or in any way assist another CTF team with any of the CTF Challenges. Doing so would constitute an Integrity Violation and will result in your team being disqualified from the competition. Each individual team is expected to navigate each challenge with the knowledge and skills of the 4-team members registered on that team.
– 8GB RAM
– 60GB free disk space
– VMWare or VirtualBox
– Kali Linux x86 (32-bit) VM (may be downloaded at www.kali.org)
– Allocate 4GB RAM to this VM.
– Make sure Wine is installed and working.
– Make sure Wireshark is installed and working, go on and preconfigure your favorite filter options
– Many reverse engineering challenges work better on this architecture of VM
– Kali Linux 64-bit VM (Optional for use, but download and have ready just in case.)
– Discord, for use on host machine for communication during the event (may be downloaded at discord.com)
Please RSVP no later than August 8th. Click here to view the event flyer.
Register for the CTF by filling out the form below.