Parsons Recognizes Employee Volunteerism through its Volunteer of the Year Program
PASADENA, CA (April 16, 2018) – Parsons is pleased to announce that five employees have been selected as 2018 Volunteer of the Year winners through its program that recognizes employees for their volunteerism. Winners were selected from each of Parsons’ business units—Federal (FED), Infrastructure (INF), and Middle East Africa (MEA)—as well as one from corporate (CORP) and an overall winner for the entire corporation.
- Overall Volunteer of the Year: Kurt Kendro (Special Olympics Hawaii, Mothers Against Drunk Driving Hawaii, and Hawaii Law Enforcement Officer Memorial for the Fallen)
- CORP Winner: Christine Valenzuela (One Legacy and Keck USC Medical Center, Patient and Family Advisory Council Committee)
- FED Winner: Garth Bloxham (Air, Space, and Missile Defense Association)
- INF Winner: Keith Parker (Shriners Hospitals for Children – Aleppo Shriners)
- MEA Winner: Nadeera Rangika (Doha Film Institute)
“Parsons employees give generously of their time and resources, and we’re proud to recognize Kurt, Christine, Garth, Keith, and Nadeera for their volunteerism,” said Debra Fiori, Parsons Senior Vice President, Talent Management. “We applaud their dedication to helping others and commend them for making a difference in their communities.”
In honor of the time and commitment of these dedicated employees, Parsons will donate to the charity or charities of their choice.
Established in 2017, the Parsons Volunteer of the Year program builds on the corporation’s tradition of improving the quality of life in the communities where it does business. Through its Parsons Gives Back program, the corporation supports nonprofit organizations that mirror our six core values: safety, quality, integrity, diversity, innovation, and sustainability.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber-physical security, advanced technology solutions, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.