Sand Island Wastewater Treatment Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii
Half a century of safe and competitive construction
Parsons has been leading the construction industry for more than 50 years in safe and competitive construction projects. Our skilled teams of construction professionals are known for solving problems creatively to achieve optimum results. By meeting our customers’ needs, we design and build for the consumer—the citizens and visitors of the communities directly impacted by our efforts.
Parsons is a primary contractor working in both the public and private sectors with contracts ranging from fixed-price, cost-plus, design-build-operate, to fast-track construction projects. We self-perform our work in the most complex and diverse construction disciplines:
- Alternative Project Delivery. Parsons has been a leader in Alternative Project Delivery (APD) projects for over 30 years, with signature projects throughout the world. We are consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as one of the top construction firms and one of the largest construction management at risk, design-build companies in the country. Parsons is recognized for construction and project management experience, augmented by our design and construction capability, making us one of only a handful of truly integrated alternative delivery firms.
- Heavy civil and transportation. Parsons is a leader in the safe and competitive construction of transportation projects, ranging from major highway interchanges, bridges, congested arterial improvements, and new residential roadway construction to rail and transit systems. We have constructed all types of transportation projects—safely and efficiently—in all kinds of settings.
- Site development and master-planned communities. With construction and design-build expertise in mass grading, deep underground utility installation, wetland mitigation, golf course construction, domestic water and wastewater treatment plants, retaining walls, and bridges, Parsons’ projects are developed and constructed on all types of sites. We provide early reviews and budgeting for all aspects of a community’s project and understand the value of scheduling sufficient time when an outside approval process is required.
- Environmental remediation. Our teams are experienced in demolition, excavation, packaging, transporting hazardous and radioactive waste, treating/handling contaminated soil and groundwater, wetland mitigation, onsite thermal treatment, dredging, filter-pressing operations, and site redevelopment.
- Water and wastewater. Parsons offers full-service solutions for water, wastewater, solid waste, and infrastructure projects. Our expertise in treatment and desalination facilities, tunnelling, collection, distribution, pumping, intakes and outfalls help us provide emergency support for current needs, create storage and delivery capabilities for fresh drinking water, and meet growing future demands.
Lompoc Regional Wastewater Reclamation Plant Upgrade Project - Lompoc, California
Decades of delivering solutions
Our experience indicates that—no matter how we’ve perfected our processes—large construction projects often experience unforeseen challenges. Parsons is able to tackle these challenges and develop permanent solutions while minimizing impacts on schedules and budgets. By incorporating global positioning systems and other automated controls on most of our earthwork jobs, we are able to perform tasks quickly, accurately, and at a lower cost. In addition, we bring world-class safety procedures and programs to all our projects, meeting the defined standards by implementing procedures that benefit every stakeholder.