NAVFAC Planning - Washington, D.C.
Keeping With Tradition and Exceeding Expectations
Parsons has a long history of skillfully supporting military operations for the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Atlantic. We are providing professional engineering and planning services throughout NAVFAC Atlantic’s area of responsibility in the United States, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, Asia, and South America. This multiple-award contract has a $60 million not-to-exceed (NTE) amount, with the best qualified contractor receiving the task orders. This is our second 5-year contract with NAVFAC Atlantic—thus far, we have completed over $12 million in task orders. Parsons’ first contract was a $15 million indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract.
We have capable military master planners on staff that can provide high-quality, cutting-edge products in a safe environment. Time and again, Parsons has proven to be the most capable, most efficient means of getting the job done and exceeding the highest industry expectations. Our staff has grown exponentially to accommodate the workload supplied by NAFVAC Atlantic.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Development and update of planning documents for Navy facilities
- Project documentation (1391s) for military construction and special projects
- Host nation programming documentation
- Regional and global planning products, master plans, recapitalization plans, and capital improvement plans
- Special planning studies
- Base development visioning and scenario planning
- Business case analyses and economic analyses
- Integrated logistics systems studies
- Base exterior architecture plans
- Anti-terrorism protection plans
- Traffic studies
- Encroachment plans
- National Environmental Policy Act documentation
- Development and update of planning documents and all associated documents for Navy and Marine Corp facilities
- Web site and intranet development and implementation
Developing New Products and Setting a Precedent for the Future
Parsons was able to develop new products for the Navy using globally focused plans to evaluate shore infrastructure requirements on an enterprise-level, instead of by traditional regional or installation assessment. Parsons is responsible for developing the first six enterprise global shore infrastructure plans (GSIPs) the Navy completed, and based on our performance, we were awarded four more.